"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Servant, Revisited...

First, you must re-read this post from September. (Partly bec. I told you toWinky 2, but mostly because Ana is "roll-on-the-floor funny" in it!)



The Lord must really be working in Ana’s heart.

The last two mornings, Dave & I have arrived at the breakfast table to this:

God is giving me a glimpse into the woman my daughter is becoming-she has gone from wanting a servant in September, to looking for ways to SERVE OTHERS.


I like who she’s growing into, but I sometimes wonder, “How does she know what will warm my mommy heart?”

Do you ever look at your kids & think, “Who taught them that?”

I think I found an answer here:


"We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us."

1 Corinthians 2:12-14 (New International Version)

The Holy Spirit is at work in her life! That is so exciting to me!



3 comments:

Rachel said...

That IS exciting! I can imagine how it encourages your heart to see!

Kim & Dave said...

Yes, seeing her HEART begin to change is SO encouraging, Rachel!

Kim & Dave said...

From Dave's mom via e-mail, but I thought it was good advise:

"Like your blog said, Ana is a special little girl. Just try to keep remembering she is a little girl. Someone gave me that advice once on David. They told me that just because he was tall, not to expect more out of him than his age would allow. Ana is still a little girl, learning new things.

Ana is a very sensitive girl too. She can be hurt easily. I know you've talked about eventually putting her in regular school. Be very careful. You'd told us about a Charter School. Pick one that's right for her. In public school, she'd be the one they'd pick on continually because she shows her feelings."

Thanks so much for letting me post this excellent advise fot all ofm us w/ kids like Ana!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...