"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Saturday, January 5, 2008

"Who Died & Made You God?"


Ruth & Ana w/ my sweet cousin Petrina, who spent Friday afternoon w/ us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In case you are wondering where I have been the last few days, I have been struggling to put something into words that is almost impossible for me to see in print.

God is allowing an adoption delay. There. I have said it.

There is no easy way to explain this-as everything about international adoption is complicated.

Basically, Guatemala is playing hard ball & we are getting hit in the head w/ it.

Our case worker is about 80% sure that it should only delay us until maybe the end of January to exit PGN.

However, there is that 20% of her that thinks we could be delayed by 3-4 months.

While this is certainly not the end of the world, it is a huge disappointment……..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


But, God gave me a HUGE glimpse of Himself today-just when I needed it most.

At (of all places) my nail appointment.

The next client my nail tech was servicing , was a woman she has wanted me to meet for a long time, due to some other things going on in our life right now. She has insight into a possible upcoming change in our lives.

Sorry to be a bit cryptic here, but she is the wife of someone well-known & I think I need to respect her privacy.

Anyway, she asked me how I felt about this possible change……& I told her I was pretty stressed over it.

She looks me directly in the eye…..& says, “Are you a Christian woman?”

I nodded….cause I was too overwhelmed to speak.

Keep in mind……

1. I have known about Natty’s case for a few days now (which is just slightly stressful to us)

2.. I am talking w/ the wife of a fairly well-known man.

3. This other possible change is what I was talking w/ her about & it has really been a source of stress as well.

She then says, “You need to let it go. I can tell you’re really worked up over this.

WHO DIED & MADE YOU GOD?

I nearly fell over! It was a funny way of putting it, but exactly what I needed to be asked.

Basically, she was telling me I need to let go & let God be God.

She had NO IDEA about the adoption stress we are going through, but I heard God speak to me heart in BOTH areas!


But, then, (& this is where my story gets almost funny) she quoted:

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.

Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 14:1 & 27



Right there in the salon, the fountain was opened & the tears began to fall!!!! (did you hear me???? I said, "IN THE SALON!!"-in front of like 10 other people-who all got strangely quiet at this point! Laugh )

But, she proceeded to go even further!!!!

She says…..”Oh, sweetie. God wants you to have peace. Come here. I’m going to pray for you right now!”

This woman…..who if I told you her name, most of you would at least recognize, placed her hand on my heart, & spoke to her Heavenly Father & mine……like this,


“Oh, Father this dear child of Yours needs Your peace RIGHT NOW, & I am asking You to give it to her. She is trying to be all that You want her to be-a wife, a mother, a sister, a friend…..Please giver her Your peace as she tries so hard to do the things you have given her to do. Her heart is racing, Lord (keep in mind her hand was on my heart!!!) We are asking you in Your powerful name to bless her & give her comfort in her soul.

Please keep her husband & their daughter safe as they ski today & drive back. Please bless her husband for wanting to spend time w/ their daughter.”

She prayed a few other things, too…..but I’m just so blown away by the whole experience-I can’t remember them!

She took her hand off my heart & reminded me that I need to let go. And she said she would continue to pray for me. Me.....just Kim Dillon (& she probably doesn't even know my name-but she's still gonna pray).


WOW!!! That's the only word I have-just WOW!!!

The emotions/thoughts running through my head at this point:

~I can’t believe God allowed something so cool!
~I CAN believe God allowed something so cool! (& yes, they were BOTH going through my head at the same time)
~I’m so embarrassed I’m crying in front of all these people!
~It is so COOL that she is praying OUT LOUD for me in front of all these people!

Do you ever feel God is LITERALLY pulling your eyes up to Him & saying, “Look, My child. I do care & know & see!”

He spoke directly to me today! Thank You , Lord.



By the way, at this point, when we hear any new info on the adoption, you all will be the first to know……but you can assume things haven’t changed (it’s gonna be a while) unless you hear other wise!

(Tune back in tomorrow-Ana & Dave went skiing today!)





15 comments:

Tina said...

Perfectly written and spoken!!! We too are praying for your peace and strength.

Jules said...

Oh my goodness Kim thank you for posting all that. How fabulous!

I'm so glad this famous woman (I've got my guesses...) was able to minister to your heart.

I'm sorry you seem to be in a bit of delay. I'm still praying! :)

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, both of you!!

jenica said...

That is such a neat testimony of the Lord's loud encouragement! So neat.

Kim, I sorry. This must be so hard. (I'm comparing it to being majorly overdue pregnant, but maybe I'm way off...?).

Praying for you dear.

jenica said...

I was thinking months overdue -Ugg. ;)

Rachel said...

Wow, what an amazing story! I am so glad that you received that encouragement today! Praise the Lord!

Kelly said...

I'm sorry to hear that things are delayed with the adoption but thank you for the reminder that you and I are NOT God and that we have to step back and really allow Him to be Lord over our lives, especially when we don't understand why He allows various circumstances to happen! I am praying for you!

Paula said...

(((Kim))) Thank you for sharing. It's a good reminder to us all to let go & let God. It's so neat how God used this woman to speak His words to you.

Kim & Dave said...

I understand, Jenica.
And yes, that is how it feels.

I am OK w/ it (God's perfect timing & all) but still, it feels like-Ugg!

Kim & Dave said...

Yes, Rachel, I'm so thankful for it too-just when I needed it.

Kim & Dave said...

Kelly-thank you for praying.....it means a lot to me!

Unknown said...

Hm. Yet another case for a Sovereign God.

He's on the throne.

Yeehaw!! :)

Kim & Dave said...

You are so right, Angi!

Andrea said...

A DELAY??

Kim...I'm SO sorry....

My heart breaks for the KIDS who are stuck within Guat's bad governmental decisions....

Andrea
praying for you

Kim & Dave said...

Andrea-I KNOW you are praying-& your prayers mean everything!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...