"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Monday, January 14, 2008

School Days.......




How did you picture a School Day in the Dillon household?

We are trying to stay busy:

~Ana is doing extra school-figured this is a good way to get ahead, so we can take time off when Nathaniel comes home.

~Still thinking through the girls' room. We are going to paint COLOR on the walls! If you have texured walls, have you come up w/ ways to paint it besides one color on the wall?

~Also, that room has a SMALL closet. There will be two girls in it. Any ideas on how to organize clothes?

~Trying to find a duvet cover for my bedspread. I am tired of the one I have. I would like dark purple/dark blue. This would require the least amount of room re-decorating, & thus the least amount of money! :-)

World Market, Linens & Things, Target & even, dare I say it?-the bane of my existence-Wal-Mart. Yes, I have darkened the door of each of these stores to look for the perfect duvet cover, to no avail.

Did I mention I really dislike Wal-Mart-especially w/ a tired, cranky 18 month old in tow?

Any other ideas anyone?

I did buy new white sheets-pretty ones. Haven't bought them since we were married 9 1/2 years ago!! High time, don't you think, ha, ha!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still no news, as I'm sure you guessed!

Please keep storming heavens gates!


7 comments:

Tina said...

Try Ikea...all their spreads our duvet covers. i love them and yes they are online. Not surer how your gonna do the closet thing. We don't have any closets in the kids' room. Everything is in draws or tupperware. So I have no helpful advise except, downsize. LOL

Paula said...

Great pictures Kim! We've used different colors on textured walls but it never looks quite right unless we use a border between the colors. Once we used a very skinny trim piece and it turned out pretty well. (unless the colors are changing at a corner) then it turns out okay...just be very careful on the corners. I used closet organizers from Lowes. You can pick & choose which pieces will work for you. If you don't need the floor space, you can hang a rod fairly close to the floor for hanging baby things, or shirts & skirts and then another rod higher up with enough space for the longer dresses & such. I used a series of small rods on the left side and one rod on the right for longer dresses with shelves in between. I'm not sure how much room you've actually got. I'm not sure about the duvet cover. IKEA is a great idea. Have you tried JC Penny? I'd search on-line for duvet covers & see what you come up with. Is that as helpful and clear as mud??? Good luck! :0)

Rachel said...

Do you sew at all? It is pretty easy to turn 2 flat sheets into a duvet cover. For the top, you can do buttons or snaps, or sew on ribbon to tie every 6 to 8 inches or so.

If you don't sew, I bet you know someone who would sew that up for you. Seriously, it would take half an hour!

But regardless, I feel your pain. When I went looking for a duvet cover, it took me FOREVER to find one. Bed, Bath & Beyond had lots on clearance though...do you have one of those stores? I can't remember which stores you said you'd been to.

Closet organization - something I love! You might try doing some clothes in clear plastic rolling bins under their beds. Try to maximize every bit of space you have in the closet though. If you just have 1 hanging bar, install another one lower, as kids clothes are pretty short. We have always used sterilite containers with those pull-out drawers in them for things like socks, underwear, pjs, etc...and the boys keep them in their closets.

Kim & Dave said...

Oooh.....good idea, Rachel. I will probably take back the cover I just bought tonight.

I would like blue/purple-but I came home w/ a beautiful cream duvet cover. But, I don't really want cream, even though it was on sale.

I forgot how easy making one would be.

Thanks! :-)

Jules said...

Stormin' for ya!

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, Joyce.

Unknown said...

Hi Kim,
I have not painted two colors on a textured wall, but I have done an accent wall. I choose the back wall, which is the one opposite of the window. Our master bedroom has a dark red accent, with a light tan color on the rest. Makes me think of apples and orchards.
The only problem is that the paint tends to bleed under the tape. I still need to do the touch up by hand.
Check out our new blog :o)
www.steveandpaularunyan.blogspot.com
No pics yet, but soon.....
Paula

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...