"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursdays Before the Throne

2 Corinthians 10:3-5
3For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does.

What are the weapons of the world? We are often told we need to “ESCAPE” our problems or “REVENGE” might make us feel better. One way of “ESCAPE” seems to be entertainment. I am not saying that all forms of entertainment are bad, but if we use them as an escape from problems, perhaps we ought to re-examine them.

4The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.

The list of our weapons can be found in Ephesians 6:14-17

They are:

1. Belt of Truth
2. Breastplate of Righteousness
3. Shoes of preparation of the Gospel of Peace
4. Shield of Faith
5. Helmet of Salvation
6. Sword of the Spirit-which is the WORD OF GOD

Did you notice that the only OFFENSIVE weapon is God’s Word? Jesus, Himself quoted Scripture & Satan fled.

5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God,
and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Where do I find the “knowledge of God?”

Proverbs 2 says that if we seek for wisdom & understanding as we would seek for silver & hidden treasure,

“Then you will understand the fear of the LORD,
AND FIND THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD.”

When we find the knowledge of God (when He shows us right thinking) then we can “demolish arguments/strongholds” & “take captive every thought & make it obedient”

When Satan tempts me to doubt God, I need to run to my offensive weapon, the WORD, & find right thinking about God, quote it to Satan, & He will flee.

This may not be much different than what I posted last week, but it helps the idea solidify in my mind.

Thanks for reading, Blogger friends!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...