"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ballerina Bliss......(or really, truth be told, PARENTAL BLISS!!!)

Clingy arms around my neck….

“Mommy, hode you!!......Hode you!!”…..usually sobbed out w/ hiccups!

Shrill, high pitched wailing…..a performance from child #3 that means only mommy & a bottle will work.

Rubbing dirty hands across a face full of tears,
a frantic glancing about to see where mommy is….

Why? a tumble (by our oldest) from running down the mountain…..twice this week,
who gets so excited about life, that she gets ahead of her arms & legs.

She then gets the needed kisses, hugs,
bandaides & ice, from mommy, of course.

“It’s nice being needed”….Pauline Harris, “Anne of Avonlea,” the movie.

(Yes, I am a self-confessed lover of ALL things “Anne”.
Books, movies, PEI-though I have never been there….it’s a dream of mine…)

It is nice being needed, and this week,
was perhaps the most FUN I have had helping a child in a long time.

Ana had her end-of-the-year ballet recital, &
I got to dress her up, fix her hair & put on her makeup-right down to the squinty-eyed application of mascara!

Then, I had the purely delightful “job” of sitting in the audience
(sans younger children-who would have been bored & crabby).


Imagine our surprise to discover, that it seems our ballerina is growing up.

She had a “presence” on the stage.

She knew where to be when.

When her arm band had a mind of it’s own,
& slid down her arm where it shouldn’t be,
she slyly slid it back up when her arm was out of sight!

Huh? She’s 7!!! Dave & I were stunned!

Watching your child do something he/she loves,
& is slowly mastering…..now that is parental bliss!!

Know what I mean?


(she's the blurry one that is bowing-mid-stage!)

"Mooom!!! PLULEESE!!"
"Ok, I guess it's tolerable!"
Sheer delight!!

************************************

Thank goodness we have two more babies!!!!!
I can't quite take all this "grown up" behavior!!



5 comments:

Anna said...

Oh Ana looks just gorgeous! How special for you to see her doing so well at something she loves.

I love the pic at home with little Ruthie hiding behind Ana with her little tiara on too- soooo cute!

Kim & Dave said...

Anna-the best part about that picture, is that Ruthie was trying to copy Ana.....um, night need a bit more practice, sweetie!!

Andrea said...

She looks adorable Kim!!!!!

Happy Post!


Andrea

Kim & Dave said...

Happy times, for sure, Andrea!

Jules said...

OH Ana! How beautiful!! Simply stunning!!

I, too, loved getting K ready for ballet recitals. Ahh.... And then they do their make-up all on their own. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...