"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursdays Before the Throne

OK, blogger friends…

I have something on my heart that I think the Lord wants me to pass on…..

What do you do with this verse?

1 Corinthians 13: 5 & 7

5[Love] is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride);

it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly.

Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way,

for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful;

it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong].

7Love bears up under anything and everything that comes,

is ever ready to believe the best of every person,

its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances,

and it endures everything [without weakening].

Lately, I have noticed people in the family of God…..

doing exactly what these verses caution against:

Being easily offended….at both their family in the home & in the family of God…..& I have even noticed it in myself.

Where are these things taking place?

1. Perhaps you (or I) see someone hurt…..

& decide we are “never speaking to the offender” again…..

because we are SO offended for our friend.

2. Perhaps we become offended because someone has said our children were misbehaving

& that HAD to have been the fault of someone else…

3. Perhaps someone said something that we think is wrong scripturally.
Bible 1
4. Perhaps someone hurt our feelings, by ignoring us or saying something that sounded mean….


I think we would do well to understand that it does us no good to hold these grudges……eventually, they turn into bitterness against others…..& ultimately, against God.

Hebrews 12:14 & 15

14Strive to live in peace with everybody and pursue that consecration and holiness without which no one will [ever] see the Lord.

15Exercise foresight and be on the watch to look [after one another],

to see that no one falls back from and fails to secure God's grace

(His unmerited favor and spiritual blessing),

in order that no root of resentment (rancor, bitterness, or hatred)

shoots forth and causes trouble and bitter torment, and the many become contaminated and defiled by it--

Many a relationship has been forever ruined by the refusal to forgive…..

& the refusal to think the best of everyone…..

even those who get on our LAST nerve, & you know what I mean!

Just something I have been noticing lately…

people's skin, (myself included) seems to be growing thinner....

And we would do well if we honestly considered how Jesus would treat others if He were in our shoes.

What do you think?


2 comments:

Anna said...

Hi Kim,
I know this comment is on a week old post but just wanted to say that I have found these verses and your comments about them really helpful this past week. I've been thinking about them as it can be so easy to be easily offended and critical and its been good to have those verses ringing in my ears this week. SO just wanted to say thankyou for your encouragement as it has helped me this week.
God Bless,
Anna

Kim & Dave said...

Thank-you for going ahead & posting your thoughts, Anna....

I like knowing God has used my blog to speak to others....it's very humbling..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...