"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, May 22, 2008

Favorite Foto Friday

This was a big challenge for me this week.
The directions at Kiss the Frog 4 Me were to choose one picture......
OK, right now, one of our three children finds it "emotionally challenging" to follow directions……

(yeah, she really just has a mind of her own,
now that she’s almost reached the “TERRIFIC TWOS”)

Due to this "emotionally-challenged, almost 2 year old,"
I found it nearly impossible to get one of all three of them even looking at the camera,
let alone smiling at the same time!!!

& how could I choose a “favorite” picture with just one or two of my favorite kids in it?

So…..long story short, I decided to focus on the most important person in my life……my biggest blessing, my dear hubby!!!

He goes to work every day & brings home a paycheck so that I can stay home with our precious treasures, & even homeschool!!!!

How blessed am I????

Do you know what he just did?

Graduated with his “Masters of Engineering in Space Operations!!!”
Bet you didn’t even know there was such!!!

He was recently honored as a “Distinguished Grad” at a luncheon we all attended.

The following picture was taken afterwards!

Congrats, Hubby, & Father of our Children!!!

Love you!!
Please do pray for the Steven Curtis Chapman family,
that God would be their strength during this tragic time!

Also, please see my Thursdays Before the Throne from yesterday,
as I have a question that I would like some imput on!
Thanks!

21 comments:

Christina said...

Congrats to your hubby...that is awesome.

Rebekah said...

Oh Kim - posting about your hubby was a wonderful idea ... and the picture you chose is great! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 TOO!

Hannah said...

Sweet family photo! Congratulations to your husband on such a big accomplishment!

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, guys!

Rebekah-my sister's name is spelled the same way. Don't often see it spelled the "right" way! ;-)

Anonymous said...

What an awesome achievement! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations Dave!! Great picture!

Jenelle said...

Never heard of that degree! Congratulations to him!

Mandy said...

Congrats to your hubby! I love the family picture!

Tina said...

Please send mine and Greg's congrats on to Dave!!! And the pic is so very nice of all of you

Amy said...

Congrats to your hubby...great photo. I know what you mean about trying to get "all" the kids in a photo. I have a very hard time getting both of my kiddos in a picture happily.

Dena said...

Congrats - that's a neat specialization!

Anonymous said...

My congrats to Double-D as well, although I share your suspicion that he's just making it up to impress everyone.

Kim & Dave said...

OK, Brad....you are a crack-up!!!

That made me laugh!!!

Katie said...

That is a great family picture and congratulations to your husband!

Katie :)

Anna said...

Congratulations to your hubby on his graduation! Very exciting and a great photo of you all.

I hadn't heard about the Curtis-Chapmans little girl Maria- how tragic!! I just can't imagine how they must be feeling right now.

Hope that this weekend is a good one for you and your family.
Take care,
Anna

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, everyone, for your kind congrats for my sweet hubby!!

I will pass them all on to him..

Have a great weekend, all!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you, Dave, & you too Kim! Though Dave does all the studying, the wife also carries a great part of the load so that he can! Trust me, I know! I can't believe how much you guys have done over the past few years! May God continue to use you greatly!!

Love,
Mark & Gail

Kim & Dave said...

Thank-you, Mark & Gail!

Hope all is going well at Everyday Publications!!!

Kelly said...

What a wonderful photo!!!

Kathy said...

Congrats to your husband! You have a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your hubby! And a wonderful photo! Your family is gorgeous!

Timberly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...