"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thursdays Before the Throne (& Time Telling)

So, Dave & I were talking the other day…….

& he pointed out something pretty cool.

We lost a baby about 2 years before we brought Ruthie home……
(ok, I know that’s not cool….but keep reading….)

A late miscarriage…..

The hardest days of my life….if you have been there before, you know EXACTLY what I mean…..

Anyway, back to our conversation…….

I guess Dave has been reading in Job, the book in the Bible that talks about a righteous man the Lord allowed to suffer…..& the book shows how Job handled all his trials.

Job literally lost all he had…..his children & all his possessions.

This is what he said immediately after God allowed such huge loss in his life….

20 At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head.
Then he fell to the ground in worship
21 and said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb,
and naked I will depart.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised."

22 In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.

Job 1:20-23

41 chapters later…..through all the battles of the mind, we see that he still had not charged God w/ any wrongdoing……unbelievable!

This was the result…..God gave him children again…..the same number he had had before…..

And, (here is the cool thing…..) double his previous possessions!

12 The LORD blessed the latter part of Job's life more than the first.

Job 42:12


Do you know what the Lord did for us? The same thing!

We lost one child……

And He gave us two more…..

Amazing!

A double portion….of an indescribable kind…

What has He done for you? If you are a lurker on my blog…..I really want to hear your amazing stories! Please-we can all use the encouragement!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now…..tales of time

This week,
Ana learned how to read a watch….
& earned her promised reward…..she wanted me to show you all this:

So, there you go!
Edited to add: Shortly after 10 this morning, flakes of snow fell-on & off for several hours!!!!!

9 comments:

The M. Herndon Family said...

We had two miscarriages in a row...one early and one pretty late. Both of them we found out on the 1st Monday of December...two years in a row. "Black Monday" we referred to it. Anyway, last year on "Black Monday" we found out that the 1st DNA had been taken on that day for our new daughter from Guatemala! God helped us through that dark day with such a wonderful blessing--Miranda!!

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks.....

I know GOD redeemes even "little" things like dates on the calendar....

My mom told me that my baby brother was born on the same date that her mom had passed away-about 20 years later...

Anonymous said...

Our Denise received Jesus as Savior on my grandfather's (who had died in unbelief) birthday.....so God redeemed that day, January 18th, for me!

Kim & Dave said...

That is neat, Jeanna....

It's good to hear of God's miracles-& so encouraging...

Unknown said...

What beautiful testimonies. I also have experienced the loss of miscarriage, 5 times, and 5 times God has granted me new life, that resulted in the children we are blessed with now. When I think of not having a single one of my precious prairie chicklets (if I hadn't miscarried) my heart is just wrenched within me! God is good, all the time, all the time, God is good!

Kim & Dave said...

Prairie Chick-

Thanks for the encouragement....

We need all the encouragement we can get....

Monica said...

How exciting that Ana can read a watch. I think I was about the same age as she is when I received my first watch. It was red, white and blue with shiny red vinyl band with hearts stamped out of it. The face had red, white and blue numbers and the six was a little heart that had a ticker in the middle of it. What an exciting milestone for her, and how neat that you commemorated it is such a special way.

Tara said...

Hi Kim & Dave,
I am still crying after reading your post. We have experienced 4 miscarriages and now that we have our little Gabi, all of our pain has been replaced with pure joy. God is good and I will always trust in His plan for me. Thank you for sharing this passage. Tara

Kim & Dave said...

Monica-Ana is ure thrilled w/ her watch!!!

Tara-yes, God is good, & it is good for us when we can recognize His hand.

Some people say that they pain of loosing a baby never goes away, & in some ways that has been true for me.....

But, for the most part now, my life is so full of joyful moments, I have no reason to be downhearted.

I'm glad God can use my blog as an encouragement to others.....thanks for your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...