"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thursdays Before the Throne

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run,
but only one gets the prize?
Run in such a way as to get the prize.
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training.
They do it to get a crown that will not last;
but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
1 Corinthians 9:24 & 25


Therefore we also,
since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses,
let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us,
and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
looking unto Jesus……….
Hebrews 12:1 &2a


We had the privilege of attending a funeral of someone we greatly admired yesterday.

Millie M. passed away Monday morning, with her family beside her at the age of 97!

WOW!!

As I sat in the pews & listened to friends & family talk about her,
I realized, she “finished well.”

This woman has 16 grandchildren & 27 great-grandchildren (at least half of whom live here)…..
& up until the very end…..
she was going to every family’s house & doing laundry, every week.
She was a servant to all & an encourager of everyone she came into contact with.

She ran with endurance…..there were pics displayed of her helping one of her little
great-grandchildren button a sweater-just a few weeks ago….
or sharing a hymnal with another older child.
This is my goal…..

Mostly, she told everyone she could (at every opportunity) that she had a Savior-Jesus Christ,
& she wanted everyone she knew to know Him as their Savior, too.
She never stopped working/praying toward that end.

I want to finish well, too.
I want to keep the important things important…..
& the small things, well.......small.
But, I realized….I must put this into practice now….in order to finish strong later.
Also, I realize that we are not guaranteed tomorrow….
so I should be investing in my family/friends NOW!


Sometimes a little reminder to use my time on earth wisely
(because it WILL end one day) is a good thing!


"So teach us to number our days,
That we may gain a heart of wisdom."


Psalm 90:12


(off to spend time w/ my kiddos!!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hi, kim we are a Mama Anna and Cristina from Guatemala, we need a password to see the pictures and this is a ours mail. crimaale@gmail.com

Kim & Dave said...

Cristina y Mama Anna, tengo mucho feliz de oír de usted!!!

Mi mamá lo mandará correo electrónico a usted.

Mucho, mucho amor a nosotros!!

y muchos abrazos a nosotros tambien!!

Anna said...

Thankyou for such a wonderfully encouraging post Kim!!

Fantastic verses and yes I want to finish well too! Its so good to be reminded of the things that really count as it is so easy to get distracted by the things that should remain 'small'.

Love your Thursdays before the throne!
Thankyou,
Anna

Kim & Dave said...

Anna-I'm glad they can be an encouragement....that is what I was praying my blog could be.

Hope you have a GREAT weekend!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...