"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, May 15, 2008

Fun in the Sun....

This week’s theme at Kiss the Frog 4 Me.

Where, oh where is summer???

We have had only 3-4 really warm days yet……


& yes, just had snow about 5 days ago!!!
Snow Flake
I WANT SUMMER!!!





(Remind me that I said this in 2 more months,


when the house is 95 degrees at 5 pm!!!



Yes, we have no air conditioning, like 90% of Colorado residents!!!)


Sweaty


**********************************

In spite of this CRAZY weather…..



we have made the MOST of every warm moment this week:

First:

A trip to the zoo w/ friends….





Next, Mother's Day lunch outside.....beside this babbling brook!





Then, a Mother's Day hike w/ my oldest......



A day in the BAKING HOT sun!!!

Yes, it SNOWED two days later!

Snow Flake 3


Weather.......humph!


(one thing is for sure....it's never BORING!!!!)

"Thursdays Before the Throne" from yesterday.

22 comments:

MICHELLE said...

VERY CUTE PICTURES AND I HOPE YOU GET NICE WEATHER SOON.

Tina said...

Oh I love those cuties. Sorry about your wacky weather. We seem to have hit the rainy season here and we live no where near a coast. Bring on the summer weather.

Sarah said...

Colorado is so beautiful! I am sure you will be enjoying sunny days before long! Your pictures are too cute!

Anna said...

Love all the pics Kim and hope you get some beautiful summer weather soon! Sounds just as unpredictable as the weather we've been getting over here without the snow though!
Anna

Amy said...

Great pics...we can't wait for some consistent warm weather either. It is warm for a day or two and then back to cool or rainy. Summer here we come!

Hannah said...

I love Colorado! It looks so beautiful, it has been raining for a week here and is only in the 60's.

Your children are so pretty, I am glad all three are home!

hannah

Dena said...

Poor things - If you lived in the south - you would have air conditioning and beach trips already!

Becca said...

Wow - that is some crazy weather! This is the first time I have visited your blog - cute family you have! You are very blessed. I also visited your blog on moderation - I'm going to pray about that one. I am very intrigued about the possibilities for implementing something like that in our family life.

And as for political correctness - my family is very rarely accused of being politically correct!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Tracy said...

It looks beautiful, amazing to think you had snow just after the last pics!

Kim & Dave said...

Becca....well, I hope you'll become a regular!!! :-)

Kim & Dave said...

Becca....please do visit my other blog more often...I need the accountability....if you set one up for your family....I'll visit it, too!

Tracy said...

Wow, small world. That is what I like about blog land, the chance to meet people from all over. Glad youliked the pics.

Ellie said...

SWEET SWEET SWEET...

Love the Pic.

Hugs
Ellie

Kim & Dave said...

Tracy-yes, it IS a small world!!!

threehandprints said...

Wow---no air conditioner, really? You would if you lived in the south :) By the way, we love to go to Winter Park to snow ski in the winter.

Rachel said...

Looks like tons of fun!

Jules said...

Our weather is so out of whack too! It is nuts! I want WARM!!! :) Thankfully we didn't have snow this week tho. Ugh!!

Love the view with the mountains. Really? You see those all the time? *sigh*

Heidi said...

That is just crazy it snowed 2 days later! Great pics.

Kim & Dave said...

Come & visit, Joyce!!!

Everyone else...thanks for your kind comments!!!

Bus and Sabra said...

Wow-your pictures are gorgeous!! Hoping the warm weather is headed your way!

MLP said...

What a beautiful family you have!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures....beautiful kids! I love Colorado, but yes, it does sound like crazy weather!

Timberly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...