"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Tuesday, April 15, 2008

81 Degrees!!!

Ana was outside almost all afternoon, soaking up rays.

Once, when I went out to check on her, she was sitting in the corner of the yard, legs crossed, facing the fence.

I thought, “Oh, no! Is she upset?”

“What’s up, Ana?” I queried?

She turns, smiling to say,

“Oh, nothing, Mom. I’m just listening to all the sounds. The birds & the wind chimes.”

So matter of fact.

So much like her mom.

I could get lost in our own back yard.

Just listening.



We also spent an hour or so at the park at lunchtime,

w/ about a hundred other people who had SPRING FEVER.

Why?

Because in true Colorado fashion, tomorrow,

we are supposed to have 3-5 inches of SNOW!




(Just as an aside, my dad, the "arteest" in the family,

is who I thought might enjoy some art on my blog! Hi, Dad)



EXCUSE ME?!?!?

Didn’t the weatherman get the memo?

I guess not.

Oh, & just to add to weather weirdness, we had our first major grass fire in the area today. Smoke billowing up from behind one of the mountains!

Here is the story & pics.
I was sorry to hear, when I looked it up,
there have been three deaths as a result of the fires.
Sad.

Kim, signing off, from what is soon to be a cold & snowy Colorado.

Again….

(But, hey, maybe the storm will put out the fires!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...