"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A SHOCK For Me & The Visit From Uncle Brian & Aunt Rebekah

(And, no, the two topics have NOTHING to do w/ each other. Heee!! Heee!!)

I heard this on the radio & it stopped me up short.

Do you think parents who have a smaller number of children have placed more value on each one of them than those who have more kids?

Or another way of asking it is: if you have a lot of kids,
do you place less value on each individual one?

I heard this theory (that some people do) today & I was SHOCKED!

SHOCKED!
Shocked
Then, I was sad......

Now, I know that we have a smaller family than some of my blog readers, but I KNOW that no matter how big or small we end up, every child we have is a precious gift from God.

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
Psalm 127:3

Have you heard this theory? Are there actually people who think this?

********************************************

OK, new topic…..

Our extended family has slowly been being introduced to our newest blessing from God.

A few weeks ago, my sister & husband came out from Minneapolis. They left their kids at my parent's house.

Partly, because they wanted to meet Natty, & partly because (Wahoo!!) they are most likely moving here!

They combined their house hunting expedition w/ the meeting of their newest nephew.
Well, newest at home, anyway.
(My brother & sister in law had a baby boy 2 mo. ago, who is ADORABLE by the way!))




Aunt Rebekah & Ana's "Ressurection Rolls"
We love you guys!!
Thanks for coming to visit!
***************************************

& finally, may I just say:

ROCK, CHALK, JAYHAWK!!!!

Oh, it was sweet!!!!!
Basketball

3 comments:

Jules said...

Cute pictures!! Ana looks so much like your sister!!!

:hug:

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, again!

Kim & Dave said...

& she does look more like both my sisters than me!

CRAZY, huh?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...