"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Big Bash Weekend Run-Down:

Directions for an exhausting weekend:

Add:

1 TRIP TO DENVER to show off our new kiddlet to our WONDERFUL case worker! Fun to catch up, Kelly! (if you are reading this!)

1 SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR A
LITTLE GIRL (w/ 5 of her giggly, dolled-up BEST friends in the world)

1 BABY SHOWER for our family’s newest arrival

1 FAMILY BIRTHDAY/JAYHAWK WATCHING PARTY

1 TRIP to CHURCH

1 LUNCH w/ FRIENDS


Pack into less than 48 hours & stir

Result? Exhaustion in the BEST of ways.

(But, even better-a boatload of blogging thoughts & pics, so stay tuned this week!!!)


This weekend:

It speaks of love.

Love for Ana

Love for Nathaniel

Love for everyone in our (need I say it?) blessed family!

Thank-you to everyone who helped make this weekend special!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was going to have a bunch to say about Ana growing up & all,
but now, all keep saying to myself is:


Is it possible???

Doesn’t seem so.


The growth charts, the maturity, the bigger clothes all say it has happened.
But how did this:
(just as an aside-don't you like how I'm forcing Ana's pics to enter the digital age?? Ha! Ha, Grandad!)


Turn into this?



OK.....you know I HAD to include this picture!


She is now 7!!!

SEVEN!!!

Where did the time go?
We love you, AJD, & are SO glad God chose YOU to be our first precious child!!!
Happy Birthday & have fun being 7!!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

aaaaahhhhhhh...What a weekend!!!!

Zowie!!

But I can feel the love through your words...

You are indeed...blessed!

(uh hem..pictures please...!!!)

Andrea

Kim & Dave said...

Patience, my friend, patience!!

;-)

Jules said...

Oh what a wonderful weekend, tho! I'm so glad you were loved on and happy for Ana's special weekend, too.

Love the Ana pictures and will be patient and wait for more... b/c I've been so not putting pictures up myself... not that I have cute littles like you do... ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...