"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thursdays Before the Throne

See my earlier post if you came to see the answer to Ana’s little guessing game!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Often in the last few weeks, I have been shaking my head while thinking:

“How did my life end up like this?”

I mean…..what a mixture.

Things I never imagined:



Sorrow beyond description

Joy overflowing

Laughter-the deep belly kind

Despair at some of life’s twists & turns

Pride I never understood until there were “my kids” & “my husband”

Gratitude-to God, for my family & for the road He has led us down so far.



This morning, I ran across this the words to this hymn, long stored away in an old Bible of mine:

“The Sands of Time Are Sinking”


This verse stuck out to me:


With mercy and with judgment my web of time He wove,
And aye, the dews of sorrow were lustered with His love;
I’ll bless the hand that guided, I’ll bless the heart that planned
When throned where glory dwelleth in Immanuel’s land.

In Heaven (Immanuel’s Land), only because of His mercy & grace,
we will bless His heart & hand.


Why?

Because THEN, & only THEN will we understand-all His plans for us were perfect.

When we see His face!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...