"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hey, Aren’t You On The Wrong Side Of The Glass?!?!?

A funny thing happened on the way out of the zoo!
(my tired attempt at humor-so humor me & laugh!-PLUUEESE!!! "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum.")



I wasn’t there…….I had taken a sleepy baby outside,
but this was the coolest experience for Ana.

I was waiting next to the hippos,
when Ana bounced down the ramp toward me, a certificate in hand.
I could tell from her shining eyes & the bounce,
that something SUPER (at least in her eyes) had happened.

Even I was surprised, though, how cool it really was!



She was asked to help feed the orangutans!!


The primates were removed,
& Ana was invited into the "inner sanctum" of the zookeepers
access rooms behind the back wall.


(you know, the rooms you are always craning your neck to see into if the door is open!!!!)






Apparently, (according to Grandmother, Granddad, & Daddy),
this was seen as a very serious job by Ana,
& I think you can tell that from the look on her face.

Anyway,…….she came away thoroughly enthralled by the experience,
& I have to say.......even I was excited she had that opportunity.



(By the way, if you're wondering what orangutans eat,
the menu was popcorn on Saturday.
Who knew?!?!?)

She needs as many special things as possible right now, my “grown-up” in a 7-year-old’s body.

How cool, that our zoo encourages that kind of thing!!!


*****************************************************


And, just because.........well, they're too cute!!!.......







Goodnight, all!!!
(oh, & many thanks to Grandad, who took the pics of Ana at work!!)

7 comments:

Anna said...

What a great experience for Ana. Very exciting!
We have that very same purple keyboard toy thats in one of your pics too! Its a good one for them...very tough!
Little Natty is just adorable. He looks like he's doing well.
Anna

Kim & Dave said...

Yes, Natty is doing better.....I think adjusting to us.

Any toy around Ruth HAS to be tough, or it will not survive!! Ha!! Ha!!!

Tina said...

Very neat!!! I always wanted to work at a zoo. They kids are adorable and the pics great. Glad you had such a wonderful and special weekend. Say hello to Dave for Greg and me. I'm always getting to say hi to you and the kids. :)

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, Tina! I thought you were a "zoo" person, too! :-)

Will do!! (tell D. hi, that is!)

Jules said...

Ana, Great work!! How exciting - I'm thrilled for you!!

Monica said...

What a great experience!

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, Joyce & Monica!!

I showed Ana your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...