"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Monday, April 7, 2008

The SURPRISE!!!!!

2 pm…….Grammie & Ana head to the library for some time together (Ana thinks)

2 pm-4 pm……Mommy puts babies to bed & decorates, arranges party favors, & sets out food.

4 pm……..babies start to wake up & Mommy PRAYS the older one doesn’t choose Friday to figure out how to climb up on the table!!

4:55 pm……the first guests begin to trickle in……giggling & asking all sorts of questions:

“Does Ana know?”

“Where is she?”

“When will she be back?”


The waiting commenced…..

And Grammie did her job well,
since all the girls were pacing the floor while having a giggle fest for over 45 min!!!

The laughter eventually made it’s way to my room,
where the girls could look out the window for the approaching red van.

It turned the corner:

And…….

The screeches of “Quiet!” “Here she comes!” & “Remember to hide in the kitchen!” proceeded me down the stairs!

Then……the long awaited moment!

She opened the door to this!
The pictures tell “THE REST OF THE STORY” best!

Playing dress-up!


Thank-you, Tia (AUNT) Shannon, for all your hard work on the party!




The "Tea Party"
Game time!



8 comments:

Rachel said...

How fun! Looks like it was an amazing party!

Kim & Dave said...

I think they had a ball!

ROCK, CHALK, Jayhawks!

Tina said...

Aww, looks like she had a really wonderful birthday! I love the picture of Dave in the middle of all those girls, too funny.

Anna said...

What a wonderful day for Ana...I loved the video and all the girls looked like they were having a fabulous time...your table decorations for the girls looked great!!!

I think you've really made a little girls day that she'll remember forever!!!

Anna

Jules said...

OH I love the video!! What a wonderful surprise.

What great decorations and love the cake!!

Anonymous said...

"I gotta go to the bathroom super-bad!"
That had me cackling for five minutes. Ah, the joy of kids unfiltered.

And since I had UNC to win in my brackets -- a three-point shot of contrition:
Rock...
Chalk...
Jay...
Hawk...
K...
U...

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, all!

Paula said...

Her party looks like so much fun! What a special mom you are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...