"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I Have Been Tagged!!!!

I’ve been tagged, by my friend, Beckie , so here's my list of the 5 bravest things I have done:
(not in any particular order)

1. Going to another country (WOW!!! What an life-changer that was).…….which ties into....

2. Adopting our two kiddos from Guatemala.
It takes bravery to embark on a journey KNOWN to be stressful, long & unpredictable.

3. Rappelling: If you know me at all, you know this is NOT my type of activity.
I prefer both feet on the ground.
All.the.time.
I cannot describe the relief I felt when I backed over the side, & the rope held!
It held!!!
Will I do it again?
Nope. Marked off the box, don’t need to do it again.

4. Skiing for the first time in my life at age 24.
Remember…….I prefer FEET on the ground-not narrow, long (really long) pieces of metal ATTATCHED to my feet (read-FEET are NOT touching the ground).
Add in a slippery slope w/ SNOW on it…….& let’s just say……it was amazing I did it once, & still continue to do it whenever I have the opportunity.
Skiing

5.This one was really hard for me……I realized I am perhaps not the biggest risk-taker in the world…..but, I digress……

I finally thought……some of the hiking I have done here in Colorado is either BRAVE or REALLY, REALLY STUPID!!!!

The lightening storm I was caught in last summer (w/ family from out of town), when we knew at the beginning, the clouds looked rather threatening…..after almost 10 years in CO, you would think I would know better!!!!

I think I can honestly say I have never been so scared for my life (& really-my children’s lives) as I was that afternoon, huddled a mile or so up the trail from the car. We knew we had to wait out some of the storm there, due to big, open, bare rock we had to scramble around……

Can we say-not the wisest of decisions?!?!?




Can you see how SCARED my poor nephew is!!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





But, really, w/ my fear of heights,
it’s a wonder every time I take children hiking,
swallow my fear (or just pic a trail w/ no drop-offs-Ha! Ha!!) & just DO IT.



And, oh, it is SO WORTH IT!!!!

(I have yet to try it w/ three children…..but,



stay tuned this summer-it might just happen!!!!)






6 comments:

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Consistently facing your fears -- what a great model for your beautiful children!

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks, Beckie!

Anna said...

Hi Kim,
Wanted to say 'hi' as am now on holidays and am in an internet cafe...couldn't help myself. Anyway take care and love all the pics from your last couple of posts. Can't wait to catch up on all your news when I'm back too.
Anna

Kim & Dave said...

You are so sweet to take the time, Anna!

Have a great holiday!!

Unknown said...

You have done more scary htings than I have.
I climbed a tree and shot a bear...Heights and scary animals.
Just wanted to answer your question. Todd is a part of the group Selah.
I have learned so much, in regards to giving my babies back to God, through following their story.
I pray that you will find it a blessing as well.
Paula

Kim & Dave said...

Paula-I would say climding a tree & shooting a bear qualifies.....

& I saw pics of that DEAD bear!!!

Even if it's not super brave, it is COOL!!

Thanks for the answer to the question.....it sounded familiar.....but I coudn't place it right off...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...