"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thursdays Before the Throne, & Our OUTSTANDING Case Worker!!!


Verses that touched my heart throughout our adoption process
(& speaking of adoption.......scroll to the bottom to see pics of me & the kids w/ our case worker-after you read my blog, of course! )
Psalm 61:2-8

2 From the end of the earth
I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.


3 For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from the enemy.
4 I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah

5 For You, O God, have heard my vows;
You have given me the heritage of those who fear Your name.

6 You will prolong the king’s life,
His years as many generations.


7 He shall abide before God forever.
Oh, prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him!


8 So I will sing praise to Your name forever,
That I may daily perform my vows.

The Rock that is higher than I.

Matthew 7:24-29
Jesus is speaking
Build on the Rock


24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them,
I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:
25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house;
and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them,
will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand:
27 and the rain descended, the floods came,
and the winds blew and beat on that house;
and it fell. And great was its fall.”
28 And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings,
that the people were astonished at His teaching,
29 for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

1 Corinthians 10:4….and that Rock was Christ.
*********************************************
The promised pics!!
& Oh, one other EXCITING thing!
This wonderful woman is opening her OWN adoption agency on Monday!
If you are even considering an international adoption, no one will work harder on your behalf than Kelly, so make sure you check her out first!
Also, feel free to contact me w/ any questions!

&, finally, cuteness unleashed! Teething on an apple slice!


4 comments:

Jess said...

I was reading your blog and clicked on the link for the adoption agency you mentioned. They already responded to my inquiry! She's also wondering if I can mention who referred me; do you mind?

~Jessica

Kim & Dave said...

Absolutely!!

Just tell her Kim & Dave & she'll know!

She is THE BEST!!

Tara said...

I went to Kelly's office today with Gabriela and heard her wonderful news as well! She is the best! It was good to say hi to you (through Kelly) as well! Love your pics and your blog! Tara

Kim & Dave said...

Isn't she great, Tara?

We LOVE Kelly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...