"Common Ground": my little corner of the blogosphere where I talk (a lot-wink) about the things that matter most to me: My relationship with my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, homeschooling, adoption, homemaking, parenting, "spousing." (yeah, yeah....I know that's not a word.....I made it up-it’s my blog-I can do things like that! Ha!)

Since my life isn’t all that different from yours, hopefully we can find some COMMON GROUND & learn from each other. Please share your thoughts!

Through the Lords’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.

They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness!
Lam. 3: 22 & 23

Click on pics to see us up close & personal! :)


Monday, April 21, 2008

(Sob…..hiccup)…..“I HATE goodbyes!!!” …..(wail….sob some more)

Ana 30 seconds after her grandparents left.

Or was that 10 seconds?

Well, the wailing started before they even left, truth be told!

She comes by it honestly……

Similar situations break through my memory from my childhood goodbyes…..


(But, really, in all honesty, I STILL hate goodbyes.)

She also stated EMPHATICALLY a few minutes later that,


“First it was Uncle Brian & Aunt Rebekah.

Then it was Grammie.

Now it is Grandmother & Grandad!”

& then:

“Why can’t everyone live here?”

Immediately, the thought of how sad she was to say goodbye to our foster family (pics in this post) in Guatemala, & to her friend Kiki there, flashed across my mind.


She really has had to say a lot of goodbyes in the last few months.

And let me tell you, the sight of her sorrow,

is enough to make ANY grown woman cry.

OK, maybe not any woman, but her mama & her Grandmother’s hearts could hardly take it!

It took a good 1/2 hour of special mommy time for the tears to stop.

Do any of you have kiddos like this?

Have you dealt with this type of behavior before?

She almost makes herself sick!

Anyway, here are pics from the rest of the weekend,

just to prove how much fun we had w/ them.

(Part of the reason Ana didn’t want them to leave-we had SO MUCH FUN!!!! Love you guys!!!)




















Thanks for a GREAT weekend!!!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Wow Kim, what a special time for you all! Love all the pics.
You know I can relate to what you're going through with Ana. My eldest finds it really hard to say goodbye too and she gets sad. Not always crying but she often will say she wants to stay at whichever family members place forever or that she misses them. Its so sweet and yet you feel so sad for them too as its hard for them to cope with all of the goodbyes sometimes. We're a small family and we are all spread out in different states or overseas so when we do see them its all quite intense spending lots of time with them and then nothing until the next time. Its hard. At least with the internet now with things like Skype and webcams it can help a bit but its not the same as being face to face.
Hope Ana will be ok soon!
Take care,
Anna

Kim & Dave said...

Yes, Ana also said she wanted to move there & live w/ them.

Poor baby!!!

She seemed to have recovered yesterday unless someone brought it up.

Anonymous said...

I never had that problem -- both sets of grandparents (and all the cousins) lived within five miles of each other, only 90 minutes away -- but I was still jealous of friends who got to go to school with their cousins.


Does Ana behave similarly when Dave has to go out of town for his job?

Kim & Dave said...

Yes, Brad, she does.

No matter who it is....


I guess that's just part of who she is!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...